Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Always a Train . . .

I have two words for you -- wisdom tooth. This all started last Thursday night after I brushed my teeth. The gums surrounding my bottom right wisdom tooth were a little sore. Since then it has progress from soreness to an annoying dull ache in my jaw and now, swelling. So, I'm off to the dentist this afternoon to get an antibiotic and a referral to an oral surgeon.

I'm not worried at all about having the tooth taken out. It's the extraction from my checking account that I hate. It seems that just when Lewis and I get ready to dig ourselves out of the financial hole we're in something else comes up.

For us, the light at the end of the tunnel is always a train.

5 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

That's what you get for getting married and having kids...
Welcome to the world.
I have said before that my favorite person in the world is the dentist. While my association with dentists has been expensive, I find that the removal of a toothache is well worth it.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

It's true, It's true, but what can you do?

7:11 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

I have a theory about why people hate the dentist so much. No other medical professional has so much power over you at a time when you absolutely cannot effectively scream.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

tell me about it! i feel your pain..literally:) lets just pray you don't get dry sockets. and hey... thats a few less teeth to brush! on the money thing...something else will happen that will result in an upword climb....its a rollercoster isnt it? take care....(oh make sure they knock you out and give you enough pain meds when you get this done.)

8:30 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Thanks Lori. Don't worry, I'll make sure they give me the good stuff.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home