Monday, July 11, 2005

Tag . . .

Well, back from vacation and after trying to plow through the posts and comments on my favorite blogs, I'm having to respond to this tag thing.

Okay, 1st--Number of books I own--
Not sure as to the actual specific number--I'll just say alot. I was an English major in college and I kept all the books relating to my major. (Please forgive any grammatical errors on my part. That was a long time ago and I have two children that were born in the same year. I don't have half my brain anymore.) I'll just say that I have hundreds of books, although I don't know where they all are.

2nd--The last book I read--
I'm actually working on The Last of How it Was by T. R. Pearson. This is the third in a series by the same author. These are lighthearted novels, basically focusing on the quirks of small Southern towns, except for the second in this series which is a Bonnie and Clyde kind of story.

3rd--The last book I purchased--
I ordered The Lord of the Rings trilogy from Amazon awhile back, along with some books on philosophy of the same.

4th--My 5 favorite fiction books (in no particular order)
1. Animal Farm
2. A Short History of A Small Place (The first in the series by Pearson)
3. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Does this count as one or three?)
4. The Cider House Rules or The World According To Garp (I don't agree with his politics but I have a load of respect for John Irving's talent).
5. Til We Have Faces (Thanks Diana, for reminding me.)

5th--I'm supposed to tag 5 more people. But I think I'll just be "It" for awhile.

8 Comments:

Blogger Daffy76 said...

Glad to see you back. I think my sister-in-law tagged you for this book thing on her blog. This is pretty interesting.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

My God! Xena is your sister in law? Does that mean Tug is her husband?

7:44 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Spilling the beans there, Mark...

8:42 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

Can you imagine what it is like to live HERE???

8:50 PM  
Blogger Xena said...

...and we SHARE a computer, hence my sporadic posts...but I love him :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Yes, Mark. It really IS a conspiracy!

Actually Tug roped me into all this fun we've been having the past few weeks. He set up his blog, told me to check it out knowing that I would begin my own. He acted surprised but that was really his eee-vil plan all along.

I'm really enjoying writing the blog and reading others. It helps me keep in touch with Tug and Xena too, which is hard because they live so far away. I also have a cousin in Maryland that this helps me keep up with.

What's really amazing about all of this is the people we've met. I've never laid eyes on you or Garza some of the others that are reading regularly and I feel like I have some really good friends here.

6:53 AM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

No, we're all laughing at you...

6:56 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

YOU were going to be laughing at me anyway.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home