Friday, July 15, 2005

This Week

Okay. It's Friday and though I have quite a bit to get accomplished today, I thought I would take a minute to review the week with all of you good people.

For starters, congratulate Marley on going to day care in panties the whole week with only 2 accidents! Of course, we don't know what today will hold, but so far so good. She's not nearly as excited as I am, but I think she senses that we have reached a milestone here. This is a bittersweet moment really. Like every new accomplishment the girls make, it's one step further from their babyhood. No matter how hard you try to hold on to those sweet cuddly tiny little miracles, they still grow up. This is not to say that I wish to hold them back in any way. I just know that the road is different now from what it was when they were smaller--in some ways more rocky, in others, much more smooth and straight.

Marley has been asking about going back to the water park all week. I think we will probably take her tomorrow as a treat for doing well with the potty. She's such a Daddy's girl. She keeps saying she wants to ride with him on a float (the lazy river). I treasure that she thinks so much of him. I don't blame her.

Last night while we were eating supper, Laney stopped eating and started crying for "kessup." She didn't stop until I had gotten the ketchup bottle from the counter and given her some. She then preceded to try a little of everything on her plate dipped in it and finally decided that she like the way it tasted on her fingers the best. This is a new word for her, but then she's learned so many new words lately it's hard to keep up.

Several people recently have asked me when I'm going to start potty training Laney. (I endured this last year with Marley too.) Laney is just not ready yet. (That's the same answer I had about Marley last year). Laney has a "do or die" personality. She is willing to undergo the consequences of whatever she makes up her mind to do. There's no stopping her before she carries it through most of the time. So I know that for the most part, going to the potty will be her decision and on her schedule, not mine.

My friends, Clayton & Meredith, are already asking us when their new baby (two weeks old) will sleep through the night. I tell them, "I'll let you know when it happens for us. " Laney has really been tough every night this week. It's hard to calm her down for bed time and she wakes up several times a night. I don't know if she's teething or what but it's frustrating. I wish I had more patience with her at 3:oo a.m. but lack of sleep tends to rob me of that. Thankfully, Lewis is as patient in the middle of the night as he is in day. So when I get to the end of my rope, he lets me swing over to his for awhile. I turned night duty over to him a couple of times this week and he's come through like a champ.

I've been thinking alot lately about what a blessing a good marriage can be. I honestly don't know how a single parent copes. In raising these girls, our marriage is one of our biggest assets. We keep each other balanced. I know, I'm very blessed to have that. I'd say lucky, but it's not luck. It's divine providence.

That's all the news for this week. See ya'll Monday!

3 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Another beautiful post. (I almost cried!!)
I didn't know that Clayton and Meredith had a new baby...Tell them that Xena and Tug say congratulations (If they know who we are...)
You're welcome again for introducing you to Lewis. If I never do another good thing in my life, I did a very good thing then. You both make me very proud. You two are an example of what God intended when he set up the institution of marriage.
We miss all of you...

6:47 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Sorry. I had to delete the first comment because I had mispelled the baby's name. Clayton and Meredith have a baby girl, born July 1st. They named her Katherine Danielle (after Meredith's grandmother). She's a beautiful baby, especially considering that she looks like Clayton. They are just ecstatic about her!

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home