Monday, August 15, 2005

Marley-Speak

Lewis is always telling me I need to write down some of the things Marley says so we won't forget them. In an effort to do so, I thought I would share some of her more recent favorite phrases.

  • "Can me hep you?"--When I'm cooking supper usually, but at other very inappropriate times--when I'm changing Laney's dirty diaper, painting my toe-nails, etc.
  • "You know, Mommy, sometimes Aney hits me too."--Keep in mind that Marley does not pronounce L's. Also, to truly get the effect of this one, imagine Marley with her head slightly tilted, doing a slow nod, eyebrows raised.
  • "You been seepy ong time."--This was one Saturday morning when everyone was up already but me. Mommys don't get to sleep in very often.
  • "Ain, Ain, go a-ay, come again a-udder day"--Repeat until rain slacks off.
  • "The ain stopped, Mommy. Cause me go, 'Ain, ain, go a-ay,' like dat."
  • "Aunt Iz put cucumbers in the simmin poo"--This one took me a while to figure out, then like a bolt of lightning, I realized she meant chemicals. "Marley do you mean, Aunt Liz put chemicals in the swimming pool?" "Yes, chemicas."
  • "It not fumpa at the ata pock."--"It's not thundering at the water park."
  • "When Aney get a itta bigger, she can jump off the taba and not get hurt, ike dis!"--The favorite pasttime around our house lately is jumping off things. The table in question was the coffee table.
  • "Me can say Ewdis!"--She was very offended when I was trying to get her to pronounce the L in Lewis' name.
  • "Daddy, did you hear, me going to pe-schoo?"--She was very excited when I first told her she would be starting preschool in a few weeks.
  • "Da ains came down and the fuds came up."--She sings the song about the wise man and the foolish man about all the time now. Unless she's singing--
  • "Take da key and ock her up, ock her up, ock her up. My pare ady!"
  • "Me uv you!"--What more can I say?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

My oldest used to call a famous pasta dish "Pasketti"

7:31 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Saturday night when I was at mom's house, Marley was singing her "A B D's". When Dad tried to get her to sing it again, she informed him that "I A-eady sung it, Gann-Daddy!" It was very cute.
I know it is harder to write about, but Laney's facial expressions are every bit as precious as Marley's English.
They (the girls) are both extrordinarily cute...
Makes me think sometimes about moving back north again...

9:52 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Tug, anytime you're ready, you're welcome.

Laney is starting to learn a few words and phrases herself. She recently spent a whole trip to Walmart in Lumberton saying "Don't cy baby" real slow, over and over and over. Lewis and I were just cracking up.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

i love how children speak...it is a reminder how innocent they are and sweet.
my younger one thinks there are going to be care bears in heaven. she says "yes mommy its true. i will get to be with the care bears when i die and go see jesus" i just cannot burst her bubble...i just say.." yes i know" huhhhh

soooo sweet what you wrote about yours.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home