Tuesday, September 01, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday. . . It's My Birthday Too!

Today is my 33rd birthday. In honor of this momentous occasion, I was curious to find out who I share a birthday with.

Engelbert Humperdinck was born on this day in 1854. That's the composer of the opera, Hansel and Gretel, not Arnold George Dorsey, the singer, who just goes by that name. Although, if I were choosing a name for myself that would be a fun one. (Although, I like William F. Buckley better.) It's fun to say.

Edgar Rice Burroughs was born on September 1, 1875. Of course, Mr. Burroughs gave us Tarzan, for which we are eternally grateful. What would the world be like without all the bad acting that Tarzan has spawned over the years, not to mention the loin-cloths?

Richard Farnsworth was born on this day in 1920. Mr. Farnsworth was in quite a lot of westerns uncredited from the late 1930's until the late 70's . He was in The Outlaw Josey Wales which came out the same year I was born. He won an Academy Award in 1999 for the movie, The Straight Story. He also was in Anne of Green Gables.

Boxcar Willie & Conway Twitty also share my birthday so you know I can't help but love old country music.

Lily Tomlin was born on this day in 1939. In my research on this, I found out she is a lesbian. I didn't know that before, but then I have never paid much attention to Lily. But I did enjoy her performance in All of Me and I liked her in The Ant Bully.

Dr. Phil McGraw was born on this day in 1950.

Billy Blanks (the fitness guru) was born on September 1, 1955. He doesn't seem that old. Now that I know this, I will have to try Tae-Bo. Stay on my good side. I'll soon be able to kick your booty.

Gloria Estefan was born on this day in 1957. She doesn't seem like she should be that old either. Remember when she broke her back and wasn't able to "do that Conga" for awhile? I've always enjoyed hearing her sing. Her ballads are especially good.

Finally, Marcos Ambrose and I are exactly the same age. For those who don't follow NASCAR, Marcos drives the #47 Little Debbie/Clorox/Kingsford Toyota in the Sprint Cup series. He's pretty new to the series, but he has a lot of potential.

Just a few notable names, in case it being MY birthday wasn't enough for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home