Thursday, April 23, 2009

Inventors Wanted

I have a few ideas for inventions and I need someone to help me develop some prototypes. Let me know if you can help me or know someone who can.

1. Lip Balm that comes when you call it. It seems inevitable that everytime I sit down to enjoy a little television after the girls have gone to bed, my lips will start to burn and feel dry. I don't want to get up to find my lip balm and I don't want my lips to hurt. So I feel there should be a real market for lip balm that will come to you when you need it. Surely, in this day of ever emerging technology, we can develop some kind of lip balm that senses when your lips are dry. After all, they have vacuum cleaners that work unattended now.

Of course, if you can figure out a way to make lip balm come to you, you probably could use that technology for virtually anything. People would never have to get up for anything ever again. We'd all be horribly fat, but extremely comfortable.

2. An Internet Site that will recognize portions of songs when they are hummed.
I love You Tube because I can pull up any song if I can remember the title or name of the artist. But sometimes, I can't remember either of that. All I can remember is the basic tune. So, I need something that will respond to me humming.

**Extra bonus points if you can identify this song is--Hm! Hmm-hm. Hm-mm-mm. Hmm-hm. Hmm-hm. Hm! Hmm-hm. Hm-mm-mm. Hmm-hm. Hmm-hm.

3. Bad breath alarm. This would some sort of device that would signal to anyone within a 20 foot range that the wearer has bad breath. It could say something like, "Do not approach without mints, gum or a gas-mask!" Since people with chronic bad-breath don't seem to ever realize it, maybe it could shock them a little until they brush their teeth, or apply some other breath-freshening tool.

4. Wrist Tissue Dispenser. For the child who constantly has a runny nose and feels compelled by some unseen evil force to drag their sleeve across their nose a million times a day. Dispenses a fresh tissue after each wipe.

5. Fanny-Pack Trash Can. Accessory to the wrist tissue dispenser. Also would cure "Here Mommy" syndrome. ("Here Mommy" Syndrome: A childhood affliction that causes children to hand you any variety of nastiness they can find. This tends to flare up at important formal social events and while you are driving. One of my children actually picked a dried booger and handed it to me while suffering from this. The worst part is that I didn't immediately identify what it was she had given me. That's been a couple of years ago and I'm still a little grossed out.)

6. Incriminating Gum. This gum would not only be flavorful, but would adhere to the face of anyone who attempted to dispose of it improperly alien-style. Will not stick to shoes, sidewalks, or the underside of desks, but almost impossible to remove from the face.

7. Bed-side Water Bottle. Just like the one in your guinea pig's cage, but for your five-year-old.

8. Washer-Dryer Combo. My dad and I have actually talked about developing a prototype for this one. I want a washing machine that will move the clothes immediately to the dryer unit when they are done washing. Why should I have to transfer them over? This also needs a sensor that will identify items of clothing that cannot be dried in the dryer and hang those up for you. It would also be great if it would sort light and dark colors, pick appropriate water temperatures, fold and put away or hang up the clothes when the dryer is done. Thanks.

9. Foot in Mouth Alarm. An alarm only you can hear that tells you when you are about to say something you will regret for the next 15 years. Also controls inappropriate laughter.

10. Auto-Blogger. Writes blog-posts for you based on your own uniquely weird ideas. For people who want to maintain a blog, and have great thoughts but somehow fail to actually write them.

11. Detachable Arm. Perfect for mothers, a fully functional arm that will carry things, open doors, find keys, and also be removable so you can find some way to get comfortable. Extendable, to reach children in the backseat. Available in addition to current pair of arms, or have current arms modified.

12. Impatient Idiot Puncher. I have wanted one of these on our doorbell at work for as long as we have had it. We have one person (she works here, in fact), that cannot wait for someone to open the door. She rings the doorbell repeatedly and does not wait a reasonable amount of time for someone to answer. I want a fist to punch her in the nose when she doesn't wait at least 30 seconds before ringing again.

If you know that any of these things already exist, please let me know where I can get them. I'm sure you probably have more ideas. Feel free to share. Together we can make a better world.

8 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:16 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Whoa... MAJOR typo in the first paragraph of that last one...

Here's the new and improved comment...

A couple of things...

Why not make the washer and dryer combo all the same unit so that you just was the clothes and then dry them in the same chamber? Why should you have to switch them at all?

For that matter, why not just set up the closet like an automated car wash, so that it washes everything every day while you're at work?

That way, you just hang up your dirty clothes when you take them off, and everything stays clean all the time. (Why not set the kitchen cabinets the same way?)

Huhmmn...

And while you're inventing the Auto Blogger, why not combine it with the Idiot Puncher so that when anyone posts a stupid or hateful comment, it blacks his eye, or blows his computer all over the room, or something cool like that?

I see a huge market for something like that.

As a matter of fact, if I had a virtual Idiot Puncher, I probably wouldn't even need the Auto Blogger...

How about a remote control stop-light changer? (Of course, I would want the only one of those...)

A pill that cures laziness? (Good luck getting that one covered by Medicare or Medicaid...)

How about a Lie Detector for my television and radio?

Climate-controlled pajamas?

An Animal Cracker Dispenser?

Or one of those cone thingies like they put around the dog's head that I can put around Caleb's waist while I'm changing his diaper?

I know I can think of more...

If I get any more good ones, I'll let you know.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

I've always visualized the washer/dryer combo as one unit, although, in my mind, it looks like the stackable units available now.

One time our water-heater broke and did something like the automated clothes washing closet you described. It wasn't that great.

I'm re-thinking Idiot Puncher a little bit. I think this should be something that people are fitted with. If you complain about having to wear one, you should be fitted with a double-fisted model.

I have two lie detectors for my T.V. and Radio. I call them ears.

Climate controlled pajamas, hmmm. When it's hot, just don't wear any. You could do an electric blanket type thing for when it's cold. You'd have to be careful where you put the control.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Any guesses on the song I was humming?

11:44 AM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

No, you didn't hum it for me...

I'll talk to you today...

3:17 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Hi Daffy. I wasn't aware you are back to blogging.

It's not an invention idea but I think everyone's license tags should have their cell phone number on it instead of a random number.

That way, whenever someone does something stupid while driving you can call the driver and call him a bonehead.

Here's a similar thing that could be an invention. A little neon sign for your back window, that you can change to read whatever you want to say at the time, like, "back off" or "Dim your lights" or, "If you keep riding my back bumper like that, I will go slower and slower until we are both at a dead stop or you finally realize you can pass me, whichever comes first."

1:04 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Mark, those are some great ideas.

Yeah, I'm back to blogging again. Check in from time to time. I'll try to post about once a week or so.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
http://worldofwarcraftsupport.com/ - purchase effexor
The XR version have low incidence of nausea.
[url=http://worldofwarcraftsupport.com/]effexor[/url]
The extended release capsule works by controlling the release of the drug in the GI tract resulting to lower peak plasma concentration.
effexor venlafaxine
There is also extended release version that is in capsule form with 37.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home