Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I Am . . .

Some would say "lucky"
but I know the word is "blessed."
As unsure of my direction as Abram
as doubtful of provision, and
as worldly as Lot.
I know that I could very well laugh at a miracle (like Sarah),
be struck dumb for doubting the obvious (Zacharias).
I can be as sly as Jacob
and as angry as Esau (even when it's mostly my fault).
As proud as Joseph
and as guilty as Moses (and every bit as forgiven!)
I know that I complain like Job (not really patient)
and run like Jonah (I'm not brave at all)
I fly off the handle like Peter.
I am as devious and untrue as Judas (but not despairing)
and as complacent as Pilot.
But I am as amazed as Mary.
And sometimes as doubtful as Thomas.
But I know that I am as loved as John.
As loved as you--
And as loved as the world
"that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever. . . "
could know I Am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home