Monday, June 13, 2005

I Hate Mondays. . .

Marley & Laney are so sleepy on Monday mornings. They both slept through the night last night and were reluctant to wake up for school today. Laney rolled around on the blanket Lewis put down for her on the floor and did the baby version of "Five More Minutes, Mom!" while I was getting her and Marley ready. Marley wouldn't hold her head up long enough for me to fix her a decent pony tail so she went off to school a little lop-sided.

I've been at work almost three hours now. I've accomplished about fifteen minutes worth of work. It's a Monday. I'm going to stop wasting time in a little bit and go to lunch.

I went to a wedding this weekend. I don't remember whose wedding I went to last. I know I don't remember whose wedding Lewis went to with me last. It may have been Jane's. That was like 5 years ago. I remember it because he turned to me at the reception and said "You look really good today." That's a very unusual comment for my husband to make, especially in public.

Anyway, the wedding this weekend was my cousin's. She married the guy she's been dating since she was 12. How do relationships like that work? I don't know how you would know you had the right person if you had never dated ANYONE else. I know some couples like that. To a degree my parents are like that, but it still makes me wonder.

I'm kind of thankful that Lewis played the field a bit before I came along. When he made his decision to marry me, it kind of made me feel like he chose me. I don't know that I would feel that way if we had been together that long.

Another weird thing about this wedding--My grandmother's maiden name was Hester. She married a Johnson. Her daughter, the bride's mother, married a Jackson. The bride for this wedding, married a Hester. He's not related (that I know of) but it's still a little spooky. The wheel goes around again.

Well, I guess I'll stop rambling and get back to work. Have a nice day!
___________________________________________________________________
OOPS! I forgot about a very important wedding that I went to almost 2 years ago. One that I was in no less. Michael & Diana, I am truly sorry I forgot about that. I think I blocked that year of my life when I was pregnant with Laney from my memory. No offense to you, I had just been pregnant for about eighteen months at that time.

You know, they say that a woman's brain shrinks when she is pregnant. Mine shrunk down when I was expecting Marley and started to return to normal size when I had her. Then Laney came along and my brain said, "Forget it. She just wants me to stay this size."

Again I apologize. May I be whipped unmercifully with a wet noodle.

2 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

The tugboat-xena wedding doesn't register on your radar screen? about 20 months ago? you SANG? just curious...

7:34 PM  
Blogger Daffy76 said...

Oh yeah. We did go to that one didn't we? I'm sorry about that. I'll blame it on mommy-brain. After all I was as big as a house at that one. Maybe that's why I didn't think of it.

I'll edit the post.

Thanks!

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home